Spin Ace® excavators are packed with all the power, productivity and fuel-efficiency you’ve come to expect from us…along with a minimum swing radius design for better maneuverability at sites where workspace is at a premium. Thoughtful redesign of counterweights and boom placement makes them ideal for urban construction sites, traffic-restricted road maintenance, utility work or other jobs with limited maneuvering space.
Built with simplicity in mind, these excavators are no-nonsense workhorses powered by dependable Isuzu engines. Spin-Ace cabs feature wide, low-noise interior space, excellent all-around visibility and comfortable operator's seats.
Link-Belt 245 X4 Series excavators are built to exceed your expectations. We redesigned the control spools and incorporated spool stroke control (SSC) functions into the hydraulic system to reduce pressure loss and distribute hydraulic oil more smoothly, reducing cycle times by up to 10%. Expect more power and fuel efficiency, thanks to an innovative Final Tier 4 engine that delivers up to 5% improved fuel efficiency, without a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) to maintain or replace! Settle in to the roomiest, most accommodating cab in its class, with more legroom and a new highback, heated seat for shift-long comfort. Daily maintenance is a snap, with ground-level access to all service points, easily opened by hand.
Greater digging power and increased lift capacities are the result of our innovative Spool Stroke Control (SSC) system, which reduces pressure loss and distributes hydraulic oil more smoothly. Pilot pressure sensors detect the type of work being done-such as digging or leveling-and then relays that data to proportional solenoid valves that quickly determine where optimal hydraulic pressures should be directed for that operation.
Two electronically-controlled Kawasaki variable-displacement axial-piston pumps and one Kawasaki gear pump assure that hydraulic power is delivered precisely when and where it’s needed. At the same time, hydraulic flows in noncritical areas of the system are reduced.
The result is better breakout force, more lifting strength and faster machine response. You’ll dig, swing and dump quicker than ever before…with up to 10% faster cycle times and up to 5% improved fuel efficiency!
• Proprietary hydraulic system
• Electronically-controlled pumps for improved cycle times, quicker response and more efficient machine operation
• Move more dirt per gallon of fuel
The X4 Series features innovative EPA-certified Final Tier 4 engines from Isuzu that strike the ultimate balance between power, productivity and fuel efficiency. You’ll experience up to 5% improved fuel efficiency, without having to worry about costly diesel particulate filters (DPF) to maintain or replace. Three engine modes provide reliable power and control for any machine application. Choose Speed Priority (SP mode) to get jobs done quickly, Heavy (H mode) for the best blend of power and fuel savings or Applied Power (A mode), with 13 different RPM settings for precise control of heavy lifting, fine grading or leveling work.
• EPA-certified Tier 4 Final
• No DPF to maintain
• Up to 5% improved fuel economy
• 500-hr. fuel filters service intervals
• 6 diesel tank refills per 1 diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) refill
• 2-3% DEF consumption rate relative to fuel consumption
• Two-stage DEF anti-freeze system for protection in harsh operating conditions
• 30 hrs. between auto SCR regenerations, only takes 5-8 minutes to complete!
• VGT (Variable Geometry Turbocharger)
The X4 Series offers the most advanced and roomiest cab in its class. Comfortable, automotive-grade high-back seat with head rest provides superior lumbar back support. With a longer and wider seating surface, it reclines to a 155° maximum reclining angle to create a relaxed environment during breaks. Mechanical suspension is standard, with air suspension, seat tilting adjustment and seat heaters available as options. The cab layout also includes ergonomically-designed arm rests that move with console, maintaining a constant distance between joysticks and arm rests no matter how the seat is adjusted.
• Quiet, pressurized cab
• Joysticks with easy-to-hold grip and switches
• Convenient ‘radio mute’ & one touch wiper switch on joystick
• Optional proportional joysticks w/auxiliary hydraulics control
• Cup holder and storage areas for cell phones and other small items
• Dual halogen cab lights standard
• Full time rear camera display
• Optional RH & LH side cameras
• ROPS and FOPS Level 1 certified, optional FOPS Level 2 head guard available
• Optional LED lights use less energy and are 3X brighter!
• Optional retractable rear window shade
• Optional front sun visor
• Improved radio with USB port and Bluetooth for hands-free communication