Designed for superior transportability and flexible operation, the HC 120 crawler crane has a 120 US ton operating classification, a maximum load moment of 431 tm, a boom length of 230 ft and tip height of 284 ft. And, with a transport width of 12 ft and a transport height 10 ft 9 in, it is the only 120-ton class crane that can be hauled with its boom inner installed and tracks on, while remaining under 100,000 lb. The HC 120 crawler crane is equipped with a Cummins® 250-hp, Tier 4F engine that meets US EPA regulations and a redesigned operator cab.
•120 US ton maximum lifting capacity
•Power up/down standard
•Free fall on main and auxiliary drums
•Quiet, comfortable operator’s cab with excellent viewing range
•Shockless stop system gradually retards operating speed to reduce shocks when crane approaches lifting load or boom limits
•Two speed travel allows operator to select the best speed and power control for any condition
12 ft width
10 ft - 9 in ft height
•Hydraulic counterweight removal system simplifies installation and removal
Maximum lifting capacity
120 tons (109 mt) @ 13 ft radius. Max. load moment 431 tm.
59HI Tubular Chord Boom, pin connected – with 4 Sheave Tip
• 230 ft maximum boom length.
• 280 ft maximum boom and jib combination length.
• 25 ft (7.6 m) inner and 25 ft (7.6 m) outer and 10 ft / 20 ft / 40 ft available insets provide boom compositions in 10 ft (3 m) increments from 50 ft (15.2 m) to 230 ft (70 m).
• Cummins model QSB 6.7 Turbocharged, after cooler, diesel engine Tier 4, 4 cycle, 6 cylinders, direct fuel injection, 409 cubic inch displacement, 6.7 liters, 249 BHP @ 2000 rpm, 105 gallons fuel tank capacity.
Environmental operator’s cab
• Designed to provide excellent viewing range and quiet, comfortable operation.
• 37 inch (0.94 m) wide cab has wide curved windows on both top and bottom.
• Easy-to-operate modular and ergonomically designed controls reduce operator fatigue and increase productivity.
• Load Moment Indicator with interactive screen. Operator can select from three display modes: loaded condition diagram, rated lifting curve, and rated lifting load table.
• Adjustable operator’s seat, radio, air conditioner, overhead window, sun visor, overhead and front wipers, and drum rotation indicators are standard.
Heavy duty carbody and crawlers
• Fabricated steel carbody is deep box constructed with square axles for the crawler side frames. Precision machined top supports anti-friction swing circle and multiple pass hydraulic swivel joint.
• Crawlers have high alloy steel tumbler yokes and rigid fabricated structures with sealed rollers.
• 36” (914 mm) crawler shoes.
• Travel mechanism is contained within shoe width.
• Two travel speed settings – 0.60 / 0.93 mph (0.96 / 1.5 km/h).
• 30% (17⁰) gradeability.
Powerful, high-speed hoist system
• Independent main and auxiliary load hoisting drums. 2 auxiliary drums are grooved for 26 mm diameter rope. Max line speed is 566 fpm (172 m/min), max single line pull is 42,108 lb (19 100 kg). Rated line pull dependent on rope type*. Freefall on main and auxiliary drums.
• Each drum has power up/down and freefall. Load hoists are further controllable in stepless mode.
• Ample work space in front of the drums allows easy access for cable installation and maintenance.
• External contracting brake.
• Internal wet disc brake/clutch.
• 2.4 rpm swing speed.
*Maximum rated single line pull of 30,310 lb standard rope / 29,670 lb rotation resistant rope.
High capacity, dependable hydraulic system
• Open circuit system has 2 variable displacement piston pumps with system capacity of 183 gpm (692 lpm).
• Hydraulic reservoir with 79 gallons (300 l) capacity and 10 micron filtration.
• Component working range is between -4 and 203⁰ F (-20 and 95⁰ C).
5 piece removable upper counterweight
• Five piece pin connected upper counterweight can be assembled or disassembled easily within minutes.
• Hydraulic counterweight removal system is standard and makes the HC120 one of the most transportable cranes in its class.
• Moves on six trucks with full boom and #9HL jib. With shipping width of 12 ft and shipping height of 10 ft 9 in and shipping weight of 98,600 lb, the basic HC120 will transport on a standard lowboy trailer.
• Third Drum
• Hydraulic power take off
• Jib and jib inserts
• Single sheave extension
• Tagline winder
• Cold weather package
• Boom lights