•165 USt maximum lifting capacity
•270 ft maximum length of main boom
•80 ft maximum jib
•320 ft maximum boom and jib length
•310 horsepower Cummins diesel engine Tier3 / Stage III
•Optional boom tips
•Optional 3rd drum configurations
•Increased capacity at working radii with optional counterweight
•Proven Terex® American Crane 77’ boom design and #16HL jib
•Power up / power down and freefall on main, auxiliary and optional third drum
•Quiet operator’s cab with spacious width
•360° viewing range
•Two speed travel
•Powerful, high speed hoist drums
Maximum lifting capacity
77SI Tubular Boom with Offset Tip
• 270 ft maximum boom length
• 320 ft (240 ft + 80 ft) maximum boom and jib combination length.
• 77SI tubular chord boom, pin connected.
• 30 ft inner, 19’5” outer base and 30 ft outer and 10 / 20 / 50 ft available inserts provide boom compositions in 10 ft increments from 80 ft to 270 ft.
77SI Tubular Boom with Hammerhead
• 240 ft maximum boom length.
• 300 ft (220 ft + 80 ft) maximum boom and jib combination length.
• 77SI tubular chord boom, pin connected.
• 30 ft inner, 19’5” outer base and hammerhead and 10/20/50 ft available inserts provide boom compositions in 10 ft increments from 50 ft to 240 ft.
58ABSH Angle Boom
• Consult factory for details
• Cummins QSC8.3 diesel engine supplies 310 HP (231 kW) @ 2000 rpm, 506 cu. in. displacement, 112 gallon fuel capacity.
Environmental operator’s cab
• Designed to provide excellent viewing range and quiet, comfortable operation.
• 37 in. wide cab has wide curved windows on both top and bottom.
• Easy-to-operate modular and ergonomically designed controls reduce operator fatigue and increase productivity.
• Load Moment Indicator with interactive screen features a shockless stop system. Operator can select from three display modes: loaded condition diagram, rated lifting curve, and rated lifting load table.
• Adjustable operator’s seat, radio, air conditioner, overhead window, sun visor, fan, overhead and front wipers, and drum rotation indicators standard.
Heavy duty carbody and crawlers
• Fabricated steel carbody is deep box constructed with square axles for the crawler side frames. Precision machined top supports anti-friction swing circle and multiple pass hydraulic swivel joint.
• Crawlers have high alloy steel tumbler yokes and rigid fabricated structures with built-in sealed automatic lubrication system.
• 42’’ crawler shoes.
• Travel mechanism is set within shoe width.
• Side frames extended or retracted by cylinders inside the carbody.
• Two travel speed settings – 0.55 / 0.37 mph.
• 30 % (17°) gradeability.
Powerful, high-speed hoist system
• Two identical independent main and auxiliary load hoisting drums provide ample lifting power. Drums are grooved for 1-1/8 in. diameter rope. Max. line speed is 540 fpm, max. single line pull is 54,060 lb. Rated single line pull is 40,850 lb. Freefall on main and auxiliary drums.
• Each drum, including optional third, has power up/down. Load hoists are further controllable in stepless mode.
• Ample work space in front of drums allows easy access for cable installation and maintenance.
• External contracting brake.
• Internal expanding band clutch.
• Separate swing circuit
• 2.0 rpm swing speed.
High capacity, dependable hydraulic system
• Open circuit system has 2 variable displacement piston pumps which supply power to the travel and hoisting functions, 3 gear pumps provide power for swing, hydraulic cylinders and pilot pressure.
• Hydraulic reservoir with 88.5 gallons capacity and 10 micron filtration. System capacity is 132 gallons.
• Component working range is between -4 and 203° F.
Seven piece removable counterweight
• 7 piece pin connected counterweight can be assembled or disassembled easily within minutes.
• Hydraulic counterweight removal system is standard and makes the HC165 one of the most transportable cranes in its class.
• Moves on 8 trucks with 240 ft 77SI offset tip boom and 80 ft of 16HL jib. At 11 ft 6-3/4 in. wide and 11 ft 5-3/4 in. high, the basic HC165 will transport on a standard lowboy trailer.
• Third drum – machine mounted
• Third drum – boom inner mounted.
• Single sheave extension.
• 16HL tubular jib – 32,000 lb (77SI tubular boom only).
• #15 angle jib – 30,000 lb (58ABSH angle boom only).
• Optional 108,400 pound of upper and 8,000 pound of carbody counterweight.