•230 USt (208.7 t) maximum lifting capacity
•Increased capacity at working radii with optional CWT Plus package
•Power up / down and freefall on main and auxiliary drums
•Quiet, comfortable operator’s cab with excellent viewing range
•Smooth operating speed reduction system which minimizes shock loading when load or boom limits are approached
•Two speed travel allows operator to select the best speed and power control for any operation condition
12 ft (3.66 m) width
11 ft 5 in. (3.48 m) height
•Hydraulic counterweight removal system simplifies installation and removal
Maximum lifting capacity
230 tons (208.7 mt)
290 ft (88.4 m) maximum lift crane boom
• 92HI / 77HI tubular chord boom, pin connected.
• 90 ft (27..4 m) inner and outer and 10 / 15 / 20 / 50 ft (3 / 4.5 / 6 / 15 m) available inserts provide boom compositions in 10 ft (3 m) increments from 90 ft (27.4 m) to 290 ft (88.4 m).
• Cummins model QSC 8.3 diesel engine supplies 300 HP (224 kW) @ 2,200 RPM, 507 cu. In. (8.3l) displacement, 180 gallon (681.4 l) fuel capacity.
Environmental operator’s cab
• Designed to provide excellent viewing range and quiet, comfortable operation.
• 37 in. (0.91 m) wide cab has wide curved windows on both top and bottom.
• Easy-to-operate modular and ergonomically designed controls reduce operator fatigue and increase productivity.
• Load Moment Indicator with interactive screen features a shockless stop system. Operator can select from three display modes: loaded condition diagram, rated lifting curve, and rated lifting load table.
• Adjustable operator’s seat, radio, air conditioner, overhead window, sun visor, fan, overhead and front wipers, and drum rotation indicators standard.
Heavy duty carbody and crawlers
• Fabricated steel carbody is deep box constructed with square axles for the crawler side frames. Precision machined top supports anti-friction swing circle and multiple pass hydraulic swivel joint.
• Crawlers have high alloy steel tumbler yokes and rigid fabricated structures with built-in sealed automatic lubrication system.
• 48” (1219 mm) crawler shoes.
• Travel mechanism is set within shoe width.
• Side frames extended or retracted by cylinders inside the carbody.
• Two travel speed settings – 0.55 / 0.37 mph (0.88 / 0.60 km/h).
• 30% (17⁰) gradeability.
Powerful, high-speed hoist system
• Two identical independent main and auxiliary load hoisting drums provide ample lifting power. Drums are grooved for 1-1/8 in. (28 mm) diameter rope. Max. line speed is 540 fpm (165 m/min), max. single line pull is 54,060 lb (24 522 kg). Rated single line pull is 40,850 lb (18 530 kg). Freefall on main and auxiliary drums.
• Each drum, including optional third, has power up/down. Load hoists are further controllable in stepless mode.
• Ample work space in front of drums allows easy access for cable installation and maintenance.
• External contracting brake.
• Internal expanding band clutch.
• Separate caption for swing.
• 1.7 rpm swing speed.
High capacity, dependable hydraulic system
• Open circuit system has 2 variable displacement piston pumps which supply power to the travel and hoisting functions, 3 gear pumps provide power for swing, hydraulic cylinders and pilot pressure.
• Hydraulic reservoir with 90 gallons (341 l) capacity and 10 micron filtration. System capacity is 150 gallons (568 l).
• Component working range is between -4 and 203⁰ F (-20 and 95⁰ C).
Eight piece removable counterweight
• Eight piece pin connected counterweight, which can be assembled or disassembled easily within minutes with no tools required.
• Hydraulic counterweight removal system is standard and makes the HC230 one of the most transportable cranes in its class.
• Moves on 9 to 12 trucks depending on boom, jib, and machine options selected.
• At 12 ft (3.66 m) wide and 11 ft 5 in. (3.48 m) high, the basic HC230 will transport on a standard lowboy trailer.
• Third Drum
• Single sheave extension
• Counterweight plus – CTWT Plus
• Reeving winch
• Choice of 16HL or No. 30 jib on 95SI boom
• Choice of hammerhead or offset tip on 77SI boom.