•285 USt maximum lift capacity
•Power up/down standard
•Free fall on main and auxiliary drums optional
•Quiet, comfortable operator’s cab with excellent viewing range
•Shockless stop system gradually retards operating speed to reduce shocks when crane approaches lifting load or boom limits
•Two speed travel allows operator to select the best speed and power control for any condition
10.5 ft width
12 ft height
•Hydraulic counterweight removal system simplifies installation and removal
Maximum lifting capacity
285 tons @ 16 ft radius
300 ft maximum lift crane boom
• 92HI tubular chord boom, pin connected.
• 65 ft inner/outer basic boom with addition of 15 ft insert in combination with available 10 / 20 / 50 inserts allows boom compositions from 80 to 300 ft in 10 ft increments.
• Cummins model QSL9 diesel engine supplies 350 HP (261 kW) Tier 4 engine. 180 gallons fuel capacity.
Environmental operator’s cab
• Designed to provide excellent viewing range and quiet, comfortable operation.
• 37 in. wide cab has wide curved windows on both top and bottom.
• Easy-to-operate modular and ergonomically designed controls reduce operator fatigue and increase productivity.
• Load Moment Indicator with interactive screen features a shockless stop system. Operator can select from three display modes: loaded condition diagram, rated lifting curve, and rated lifting load table.
• LMI user interface available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French.
• Adjustable operator’s seat, radio, air conditioner, overhead window, sun visor, overhead and front wipers, and drum rotation indicators standard.
Heavy duty carbody and crawlers
• Fabricated steel carbody is deep box constructed with square axles for the crawler side frames. Precision machined top supports anti-friction swing circle and multiple pass hydraulic swivel joint.
• Crawlers have high alloy steel tumbler yokes and rigid fabricated structures with built-in sealed lubrication system.
• 48” crawler shoes.
• Travel mechanism is set within shoe width.
• Two travel speed settings – 0.67 mph.
• 30% (17⁰) gradeability.
Powerful, high-speed hoist system
• Two identical independent main and auxiliary load hoisting drums provide ample lifting power. Drums are grooved for 28 mm diameter rope. Max. line speed is 524 fpm, max. single line pull is 54,630 lb. Rated single line pull is 40,850 lb. Freefall on main and auxiliary drums.
• Each drum, including optional third, has power up/down. Load hoists are further controllable in stepless mode.
• Ample work space in front of drums allows easy access for cable installation and maintenance.
• Internal expanding band clutch.
• 1.5 rpm swing speed.
High capacity, dependable hydraulic system
• Open circuit system has 2 variable displacement piston pumps which supply power to the travel and hoisting functions, 3 gear pumps provide power for swing, hydraulic cylinders and pilot pressure.
• Hydraulic reservoir with 90 gallons capacity and 10 micron filtration. System capacity is 150 gallons.
• Component working range is between -4 and 203⁰ F.
Removable upper counterweight
• 13 pieces for 12 RH/LH slabs + base unless 14 pieces if including CWRS (counterweight removable system).
• Additional two piece carbody counterweight (65,000 lbs).
• Hydraulic counterweight removal system is standard and makes the HC285 one of the most transportable cranes in its class.
• Moves on 11 trucks with 10’-6” wide and 12’-0” high. At 11 ft 6 in. side and 11 ft 3 in. high, the basic HC 285 will transport on a standard lowboy trailer.
• Third Drum
• Single sheave extension
• 16HL jib – 32,000 lb.
• Tram style fall protection for working at heights.
• Reeving winch